"My advice wold be to do what your want. Your wedding should reflect you as a couple, there is no right or wrong way!"
-Real Knot Bride Rachel-
You hear it over and over again during the wedding planning process, "don't stress out, enjoy the journey." But with everyone around you vying for their must have guest list, vendors and decor ideas; it sometimes seems impossible not to stress out. Truthfully though, this day is about two people and the celebration of the greatest commitment one can make to another. So we searched all the top blogs and picked the brains of some of our favorite coordinators, to help make your wedding experience the dream you always hoped for and not a nightmare.
- Its all in the details: Think about what makes you happy not just as a couple but individually. Do you like sports? Are you both animal lovers? Maybe you both love camping. The key is to incorporate the things that inspire you and your significant other. DON'T get caught up in too many details though. Find a few cornerstones of inspiration and expand on those.
2. Embrace your surroundings: Have access to a pool, like we do at Garden Grove? How about a fun floating bar or maybe the romance of floating candles? We personally love when our couples embraces the gorgeous Texas Hill Country views. Whether its utilizing our lush gardens for a stunning photo opp or gettin creative and inviting your guest to spend the evening Glamping!!
3. The reception: Finding the balance between pleasing your guest and enjoying yourself is one most couples struggle with. But remember these guest are coming to celebrate YOU!! Of course you want to be considerate and make sure your guest are comfortable but don't let yourself get bogged down with it. A fun way we keep your guest comfortable and entertained here at Garden Grove is with games. From Ping Pong and Shuffle Board to a 9 hole Frisby Golf course, keeping guest engaged is definitely a win!
4. A photo lasts for forever: Finding a great photographer can often times be a bit stressful. The single biggest regret couples claim is not picking the right photographer. A good planner, see our final tip, can recommend photographers at any budget who fit your chosen style. If you don't have a coordinator, educate yourselves on photography styles and look for more than just the highlights. Look through a few full galleries of your top photographers. Find the photos you don't love, if you still like the ones you like the least.... You've found a winner! We know weddings can seem dauntingly expensive but we think a good photographer is truly the place to invest those dollars.
5. Just as in life, things might not always be perfect... and thats ok! That's why we always recommend a wedding coordinator to help dodge those precarious pitfalls. Coordinators can also help manage your budget and avoid pricey mistakes. Even if you are a DIYer don't brush off the day of fuss to a friend or your mom. Take a breath and let a professional navigate that day for you and let your mom and friends enjoy the day too. You'll find their experience and problem solving invaluable and worth their weight in gold.
We know saying "don't stress" is easier said than done. We do hope these tips can help relieve some stress and make this day the first step in a beautiful life journey.