Ekk nothing like a sneak peek to get your week going right!! We can't wait to see more gorgeous photos from Amanda Hartfield Photography!!
When Kelly from Mint Photography calls looking for a bridal portrait location... you say YES! Never surprised and continually amazed at the elegance and beauty of every photo. Congratulations Britini on your wedding this weekend and THANK YOU Kelly for sharing your gorgeous work!
HURRAY!! It's that wonderful time of year! Did you know more couples get engaged between Thanksgiving and Valentines than the other 9.5 months combined?? That's why we are so excited to host our second annual Winter Engagement Event, and just wait till you see what 2018 has in store for you! We've got some amazing vendors bringing in some very special decor to get your creative juices flowing, some oh so yummy food and our Kendra Scoot Pop Up Shop!! EKKK! Stay tuned for some very special features on each of our amazing vendors that will be attending. In the meantime, mark your calendars for January 13th from 1-4pm!!
It's a rare occasion when we just get to "hang out" with our vendor community, especially the planners. That's why we decided to throw a little Glampout to celebrate the finishing of our Cabanas and arrival of our new Tidewater Tent. We are beyond grateful to the exceptional team that pulled this 2 day event together and all the kind and funny planners who attended. Special thanks to Al Gawlik Photography for the gorgeous photos, Pink Parasol DC for planning day one and MRS. Planner for planning day two.
In traditional Garden Grove fashion, our Planners were greeted by Louie, our head greeter and a sight to make any Taco Tuesday fan weep a little... That's right Torchy's Taco's record breaking and newly launched food truck, parked right next NXNW's Beerliner.. Umm Yes Please!! Full and ready to play, the planners were then given a full tour of the venue and escorted to their private cabanas. Each of our new cabanas comes equipped with TVs, sound systems, a mini fridge and sleeping for up to 4. In each room they also got a special swag bag with goodies from AustiNuts, Bee Lavish and Hayley Paige's Matrimoji App; plus a few extra goodies to make their glamping experience complete. Rather they napped or swam off their tacos and beer, the ladies were just at the tip of the fun day. Fully recovered, the planners were treated to mini makeovers and a Q&A with June Bug Weddings. Primped and ready for their scrumptious dinner courtesy of Catering With A Twist, it was the perfect Texas evening. But the night didn't end there!! A fun movie on the lawn with yummy s'mores was the perfect ending to the perfect night.
Stay Tuned for Part 2!
WOW!! No words, just tears!!
We are very lucky to be a part of the amazing community of Buda Texas and so proud to be included in this film showcasing a few of the wedding venues here. Thank you to Moonlit Weddings for this gorgeous film!! And OMG to that Hayley Paige Gown!!
Trisha and Matt's story is full of love and laughter and we are so ecstatic to see that in their gorgeous photos from Jessica Scott Photography. This flawless day was made possible by months of planning by Trisha, her mom Charlotte and Pink Parasol DC. From the yummy food from The Peached Tortilla and delicious cake from Sweet Treets, to the gorgeous flowers from The Flower Girl and THAT DRESS from Blush by Hayley Paige... we are just IN AWE!! Thank you Matt and Trisha for letting us be a part of this amazing day.
PS, did you catch a glimpse of our new Tide Water Sail Cloth Tent? What a romantic glow it added to the night.
Words can not express how much we love these two and this beautiful film about their love story.
Wondering "do we really need to register for gifts?" We live in an ever changing world full of online registries, honeymoon funds and what seems like an ever shrinking gift table. Additionally with the average age of couples getting married going up, couples are more likely to "not need anything."
We asked one of our favorite coordinators, Cari at Pink Parasol D&C to compile a list of some modern ways to register for those wedding gifts and tips on how to be "polite" when selecting those gifts.
Start off with a few quick tips on picking items to register for, courtesy of The Knot
Tips for Registering your Wedding Registry
1. Have Several Price Points. To avoid embarrassing your guests with the price tags of some of your wedding registry must-haves, make sure to have a wide range of price points to select from. There are many wedding registry ideas at affordable prices, but there are plenty others that allow family members to splurge if they choose to.
2. Involve Your Other Half. Whether you or your soon-to-be is the shopper of the household, make sure to work together to pick out the items that you will both enjoy. Include some of the best wedding registry items for men as well as for women on your list so that you both enjoy a personal touch.
3. Check Out the Return Policies of your Registry Items. Having a registry means that you will be much more likely to receive gifts you love. However, there may be times where you change your mind. Plan ahead to make sure that your registry offers the most seamless exchanges and refunds.
4. Register at Several Stores. Give your guests a few selections to choose from, both online and offline; that way they do not feel restricted and can have some unique wedding registry ideas to choose from.
5. Set it Up Early. Make sure to do your research and add your wedding registry items to your wedding registry checklist early on so that your guests are not scrambling to find wedding gifts at the last minute.
6. Include your wedding registry on your wedding website, save the date and an information card included with your invitations. Older guest will likely not be searching your wedding website for details.
7. Pick lots of Pink..... Just kidding, we just love Pink!
Next we wanted to clue you in on some fun ways and places to register!!
Tips and Places to Register
1. HoneyFund: Think about this like Kickstarter for your Marriage!! Except the only thing you have to send contributors is a nice thank you note.. and maybe a hug! HoneyFund let you pick preset categories, trips and activities. Looking for a Hawaiian vacation? You can have 10 people contribute towards your plane tickets, a 2 hrs surf lesson and dinner on the beach. Just wanting to put a downpayment on your dream home? There is an option for that! HoneyFund has helped couples receive over 511 BILLION dollars and even has special discounts through Amazon and Hotels.com Check them out at https://www.honeyfund.com/
2. Simple Registry: This all in one, yes they even track your Thank You's, has 50,000 users and is your one stop app for everything registry!! With Simple Registry you can pick items from any store or website and even ask your friends for suggestions. Grab the Ap, Scan the Barcode for that new Tesla and BAM it's on your registry!! They'll even let all 85 of your friends donate $1000 each. PS if you have 85 friends like that, please introduce me! ;) https://www.simpleregistry.com
3. Traditional and not so Traditional Retailers: Feeling a little overwhelmed with all the "New" places to register. Don't worry Target, Amazon & Crate & Barrel still have registry options for all their AMAZING goods. We love Target too!
4. Be Charitable! So do you really just not need anything and feel silly even accepting money? Sponsor a charity!! Our friends at Pink Parasol D&C recently spear headed a wedding where the bride asked guest to donate to The Rafiki Foundation and in leu of favors donated to the organization herself. https://www.rafikifoundation.org
5. All those options in one place... Zola!: Zola has everything from traditional retail goods from some incredible brands like Bloomingville US, Creative Co-Op and Roomba! They also have Cash Funds for your Honeymoon, Yoga or even Breakfast in Bed. They also have an "Experiences" option that includes everything from AirBNB gift cards, Blue Apron and even a blowout at DryBar!! OMG!! https://www.zola.com
We are over the moon for this gorgeous styled wedding shoot, featured this week on Elizabeth Anne Designs!! Read what they had to say!
The European flair and naturally beautiful landscape of Austin’s Garden Grove set the scene for this whimsical fine art inspiration shoot designed by Kindle and Gather. A soft color palette of pink, mauve, marigold, and ivory echoed the romantic garden setting. The Heirloom Table designed lush, organic florals with a painterly feel and lots of movement, perfectly pairing with the soft fabrics of the silken table linen and Alexandra Greccogown. A fanciful cake from Feathers and Frosting and sweeping calligraphy invitations lettered by Seniman Calligraphy completed the elegant yet imaginative vignette. We are spellbound by the beautiful images captured on film by Honey Gem Creative!